Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Maluhia [Peace]

Ah, my walks on the beach...here are some photos of another favorite spot, Kahala Beach.

This was the very first beach I ever visited on Oahu, and now it's about a mile from home. Last night I went walking west down this long strip of sand toward a favorite perch here:


Annnnd back, letting the waves wash over my tootsies and looking out over the water at the big billowy clouds drifting by...



I walk at a pretty good clip, and when I got back to the little park, I sat on a bench and let my feet dry so I could brush off the sand.

As I sat there, guitar music began floating softly from behind me, a boy placed a twig on the water and tried hopefully to control its path by splashing the water this way and that, and a small flock of little shorebirds banked into the breeze as they flew over the water. I closed my eyes and listened to the surf and the guitar and let the breeze kiss my skin and flutter the hem of my dress. A silent smile...such lovely peace.

Eyes open, my toes are dry, the plovers have landed, the music wafts gently, and the boy has proudly planted another twig in the sand like a flag on the moon...slippers back on, I smile a thank you to the guitarist behind me...time to go...

Maluhia 'oe...

1 comment:

Nuesa LiterĂ ria said...

Oh my God! I want to live there. I feel the places yo show are my sweethome! In spite I live in the other hand of the Earth!
I would be hours and hours watchings that pics...! You're a very fortunate person. You live in the paradise.
Greetings from Barcelona!