Friday, September 5, 2008

Certain Subjects...

Tonight Kevin innocently asked me to watch a YouTube video because he thought it was SO funny that I'd love it, too. To my utter shock and horror, it made a joke out of something that is NEVER a joke, in ANY context, under ANY circumstances, for ANY reason.

I was alarmed and offended and incensed to think that my child is exposed to this CRAP that's teaching him that such things are funny. I lost it and went into a rant all about precisely WHY that video is incredibly offensive, NOT FUNNY, will never BE funny, and the harsh realities of life concerning the subject that it mocked with such unfathomable flippancy. Suffice it to say, I hammered it home and sent him, completely blown out of the water by my reaction, to his room to think about everything I'd just explained to him.

So he comes out of his room later, contrite and apologetic, and says to me, "I get it now, Mom. Man, you should've been a prosecutor!"

HAH! Now THAT made me laugh. :)

I do so hope we both make it through his adolescence...

No comments: