Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little Things, Simple Happies

Ah, I love this neighborhood!

Three blocks away, we have a community park, which has a pool. The pool was closed for repairs when we got here, but it's open now, and it's wonderful.

Remember those lazy summer days playing at the pool when we were kids? Well, Kevin has that now, too. Free swim every afternoon with a lifeguard, right around the corner, and it's free. So when we can't get to the beach during the week, there's the pool. :)

My class is also going much better than expected. The teacher shocked me last night by asking if I wanted to bump up to the next level class. I know I'm not ready, and she said that's fine, but she thinks I should at least come and try out the harder class. I actually feel like I'm starting to "get it", and it feels great!

Oh, and for my cooking friends who might appreciate this, a friend helped me move the electric stove over a smidge to center it under a shelf. Lo and behold, behind the stove is a gas hookup. So when we get a new stove, it can be a gas range, which is something I've missed for years now. Woo-Hoo!!

It's the little things in life...

No comments: