Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

I truly believe it's impossible to have a quiet New Year's Eve on O'ahu, and I have to say it's thrilling! The fireworks!

Everyone has fireworks. Our entire neighborhood was out last night lighting all manner of celebratory firecrackers and BBQ-ing in their front yards, all night long. And to top it off, the guy across the street is a firefighter and when midnight rolled around, he set off a Sonoma July 4th-worthy show, shooting giant boomers off his roof. As I sat on my lanai in my jammies, I marveled at my front row seat and at the sheer glory of it all. As far as the eye could see and sound could travel, the same scene played out. The air was smoky, backlit with sparklers and colors descending from above, people huzzah-ed and hollered, children squealed with delight and the entire island boomed and banged and crackled with unbridled joy. Thrilling!

Joy and thrills to you all in 2009!

Next comes a series of holiday/vacation photo posts, since I'm owing, and it's been requested.

But first, here's another wish for peace and love to abide with all of you in the coming year....

No comments: