Friday, April 11, 2008

WoW! -Synchronistic Coinkydink #43

When I was preggers with Kevin back in 1996, I had a couple of extremely vivid dreams that I will never forget. Wonderfully weird; an example of why I've never done any drugs...I simply don't need them...heh.

As I'm certain I've shared with some of you, in one of them, I was driving along at night in my ocean colored Honda (I loved that car) wearing a blue dress and suddenly the whole car and the road flipped upside down; I was flipped under the surface of the earth, subterranean. And there I was in a vast watery blue forest of giant mushrooms with purple spots and lighted undersides of the caps, with an elusive gnomish figure here and there, although I felt these more than saw them. It was beautiful and dreamy, with rivers and everything in lovely deep shades of blue into greens and purples; an incredibly vivid image that I've carried in my mind ever since.

This morning I saw that exact image on my son's computer screen, in a land called Zangarmarsh that's part of the online game World of Warcraft. A land where you can pick up shroom things called "Fertile Spores". I swear on my precious tub of M&M-ers, this is *exactly* what was in my dream back in 1996.

Here it is...









Weirdest part...Dutch word for preggers is zwanger, so now I call it Zwangermarsh.

Either I've come full circle with Kevin in some way and we're meant to be exactly where and who we are right now, OR my dream was some sort of archetypal imagery that's entirely unorginal and downright prosaic.

I like the first explanation, even if the second is probably more accurate. ..

1 comment:

zack said...

Sounds like some wild knome 'shrooms. Either that or you've found a crease in the universe.