Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kahala to Valhalla

Kevin was home today and trying to write a narrative poem assignment while I was trying to work. The whining, the gnashing of teeth! I could not have been in a more fiery hell.

So I wrote a limerick to break the tension:

There once was a man from Kahala
Who dreamed of attaining Valhalla
He strapped on some wings
A horned helmet and things
But bought the cheap bungee - one dollar.

He was all suited up to go flying
On gossamer wings he was trying
to shoot himself POOF!
off a neighborhood roof
Now his aunties in mumus are crying.

Have to admit the imagery was lifted from a recent episode of CSI:New York. It featured snapped necks and bungee sabotage; an episode I was watching when Kevin's voice drifted in from the bedroom, "Mom, why do you watch that stuff??"...

Indeed...but hey, I got a cheesy limerick out of it anyway. :)

3 comments:

zack said...

Hey, I thought we were going to put that in www.frogandablender.com ?!

Laura said...

I figured I could put it there, too. Can't I? I'll Skype ya...

Laura said...

Never fear! There's more where that came from...my mind is an endless font of inanity...

There once was a man from Sonoma
Of coffee he loved the aroma
He went to the Basque
A latte to ask
To enjoy on his walk to the MOMA.

Once there and surrounded by art
He felt a powerful urge for a fart
He couldn't find a can
For the cup or the man
And that's how his art got its start

Now each week he stands in a door
Surrounded by kids on the floor
He cracks the kids up
When he farts in a cup
It's performance art, no less no more.

See??...