Sunday, July 27, 2008

WoW for MAC!


Well, we did it! Kevin and I went and bought an iMAC today. We're SO excited. I'm actually composing this post on the new machine, which was a breeze to set up and with its built-in wireless, works like a charm over our little ol' LAN. It's mostly for Kevin to play WoW, but also for my photographs and internet surfing.

This comes after months of frustration with first an old Compaq Presario that really worked well for what it cost, and then a used Dell XPS, which only lasted about two months before it started crashing with hardware malfunctions that turned out to be caused by a defect with the GPU. In short, every time Kev played WoW, he was maxing out the system until it crashed, which would inevitably be during some all-important raid.

Poor kid. I can't count the times I heard an anguished OH MY GOD! with heavy thumps of frustration on the table. He *loved* that XPS, and the graphics are great, but with it dying every 1/2 hour, and the small hard drive, it was not something I wanted to dump more money into to fix. Time for something more reliable.

Soooo, we got the higher level 20" iMAC with the larger hard drive and better graphics card, and then added a maximum RAM upgrade. Now we just need to install WoW, and Kevin will be set. He's beyond excited!

(From Kevin himself,) I'm ECSTATIC!

I love it when he's happy. :)

[Update: Kevin installed WoW this morning lickety-split, he's up and running, and I can't believe how easy this thing is to set up and navigate. Thanks Ed!, for the pep talk and the info. Everything actually works...the first time. Woo-Hoo!!!]

Aloha pumehana...


No comments: