Monday, October 27, 2008

Natatorium


Here's another favorite spot of mine.

The old Natatorium was built to honor the 101 soldiers lost from Hawai'i and the veterans of WWI. It reminds me of the ruins of the Sutro Baths out at Cliff House in San Francisco. The filigree gate and the neoclassical arches are lovely; vaguely Parisian in a way that's difficult to describe. I keep trying to get a good photo that really captures that faded yet rather determined elegance quietly enduring amidst the usually bustling backdrop of Waikiki. Haven't quite accomplished it yet, but these are two that I like so far:


Along with many other spots on this island, it's one that's stolen a piece of my heart. <3

Aloha pumehana...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

gorgeous pics :)) You have a true gift. When are you going to publish a book. I know it's in you somewhere. xxoo