Sunday, October 19, 2008

Images of Favorite Haunts



I realize I've been lax with posting photos lately. So here a few from Malaekahana Beach up toward North Shore and then a couple from walking down around Diamond Head, which is very close to home and a favorite place to walk.

Malaekahana is a good beach for privacy or solitude. It's gorgeous and always empty. When I took these, there were some taiko drummers up on the hill in the trees, but the beach was empty. It was very primal, with the drum rythms wafting down from the hill. This is also the beach where I saw R5AY, my first Hawaiian Monk Seal about a year ago. The island in close off the beach is Goat Island, which you can swim to or walk to out over the reef at low tide.





And some glimpses of a little beach below Diamond Head and the house perched there over the sea. The bougainvilla above this post belongs to the same house and adorns their gate streetside.





Aloha pumehana...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I can't wait to come and visit. We will have to take a look at the calendar :) I hope airline prices go down soon.

Laura said...

We're coming to see you first!
Can't wait. Woo-Hoo!