Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Sunset

We were supposed to go to an election night potluck at the church last night, but since it was a school night, Kevin and I decided to stay home and watch the election returns together.

As the results were coming in and I was finishing up the dishes, I saw the sky turn color from the kitchen window, and I just knew it would be "one of those" sunsets. As I grabbed the camera and ran outside, I passed beneath our open living room window and heard the anchorman call the election for Obama, and Kevin exclaim, "Mom! Oh my God, he won, Mom! He won!"

Then I looked up at the sky mauka from our driveway and here's what I saw, this big lovely break in the clouds, a giant glowing O in the sky...well, sort of...heh...too funny:


I showed Kevin and then ran up the hill a bit and got this one real quick. Not the best photo, but look at the colors!! No touch-ups I swear. It was gorgeous!! :


It's a SIGN!...heh.
Actually, the best signs of hope for the future that I've seen in quite a long time were McCain's gracious concession speech followed by Obama's historic and eloquent speech from Grant Park. It was so incredibly moving, I cried...such a marshmallow.

Aloha pumehana...

No comments: