Monday, June 23, 2008

Bye George

George Carlin died.
Sigh.

I loved George Carlin. He was irreverent, sure, and as pointedly down to earth as they come, one foot through to China. But there was something gentle and kind and sweetly silly about him.

It's telling that of The Seven Dirty Words I heard as a CHILD (yes, I've had that whole routine memorized from childhood), the one I remember most is "...aaaannnd tits. Tits! Such a friendly sounding word, doesn't even belong on the list..." Every time I hear that word, it makes me laugh, and remember giggling with my sister.

Also "!JUMBO! shrimp" and "why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?"

So here's to George Carlin.
Thanks for the lifetime of laughs that live on.

Aloha pumehana...

1 comment:

zack said...

I'm getting IN the plane.