Thursday, June 12, 2008

Honey Girl and Ali'i

Here are some photos from monk seal mama R5AY (Honey Girl)/pup P02 (Ali'i) observation on Sunday, June 8th.

Ali'i is getting big and chubby and becoming a bit of an adorable loudmouth with a mind of his own. After a nice long nap curled up in the lava rocks, the tide came in and Honey Girl decided they should go in the water, but Ali'i had other ideas. He proceeded to haul himself up further on the rocks. She kept calling for him to come back in the water, and here's what ensued:

"No, you come on out, Mom!"

"Um....MOM!!"
"Oh, crap, now I have to turn around?"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming" That's my boy!


And this one's my favorite...


This is such a wonderful peaceful way to spend my Sundays. I'm so glad we almost tripped over that seal at Malaekahana Beach in October. Now I know it was most likely Honey Girl, and here we are watching over her and her pup. Pretty cool. :)

Aloha pumehana...


No comments: